- Crydom GN series panel mount solid-state relay (previously branded as Crouzet 84134010)
- 3-32Vdc input
- Zero-crossing 24-280Vac / 25A output
- LED input status indicator
- Internal overvoltage protection via TVS diode
- Back-to-back (inverse parallel) SCR output maximizes long-term reliability
- Direct-bond copper (DBC) substrate for superior thermal performance
- Direct-power lead-frame design reduces solder joints and enhances reliability
- Mean time before failure (MTBF) >7 million hours when operating in a 60°C ambient temperature
- EMC compliant, level 3
- Agency approvals; cURus (UL) Recognized, CSA, VDE/TUV, CE
Crydom / Crouzet 84134010 25 Amp / 24-280Vac, DC Input, Solid State Relay
HBC500 - Enter promo code on checkout to receive a 5% discount on orders ≥$500.
HBC1K - Enter promo code on checkout to receive a 10% discount on orders ≥$1,000.
Please submit a quote request form for volume pricing ≥50 pieces.
Shipping: All website orders are eligible for free UPS Ground shipping within the United States
In Stock: In stock. Product normally ships within 24 hours.
Condition: New / Unused
Warranty: Additional information is available on the Policies page of our website
The Crouzet 84134010, now marketed under the world-leading Crydom brand, is part of the GN series solid state relays; one of the most popular and reliable series of solid state relays in the market. The 84134010 is capable of switching 25 amp loads at line voltages between 24Vac and 280Vac. Designed for endurance and reliability in harsh industrial applications, the 84134010 utilizes rugged back-to-back (inverse parallel) SCRs to switch power to AC loads. This significantly reduces the total power dissipation of the 84134010 in comparison to similar triac output solid state relays, in addition to enhancing the relay’s ability to withstand heavy surge currents. The typical MTBF (mean time before failure) of a Crydom 84134010 is >7 million hours.
The 84134010 is a DC input solid state relay and can accept control signals between 3Vdc and 32Vdc. It incorporates an active current-limiting circuit, which enables it to switch 25 amp loads with only 15mA of input current. This makes them highly compatible in applications utilizing low-power PLCs or control boards. The 84134010 also includes an input LED for easy visual identification of the relay's status.
The Crydom 84134010 uses zero-crossing optical isolators to trigger the output SCRs. When an input signal is initially applied, the output of the solid state relay will not conduct load current until the AC mains passes through the zero-crossing point of the sine wave. This greatly reduces inrush currents and minimizes the level of conducted emissions coupled onto the AC mains by the solid state relay. Additionally, an integrated TVS diode protects the output circuit from damage as a result of overvoltage transients.
Additional features and benefits of the Crouzet / Crydom 84134010 solid state relay include:
- Direct bond copper (DBC) substrate for superior thermal performance
- Epoxy-free design to eliminate stress caused by the expansion and contraction of epoxy during normal operation
- Direct power lead frame design to minimize solder joints in the load-current path
- SEMS screws and washers for improved pull-out ratings
- Redesigned solid state relay housing with anti-rotation barriers
- Shock & vibration resistant to IEC 600068-2-6 & IEC 600068-2-27
- Agency approvals; cURus, CSA, VDE and CE compliant
- EMC compliant (level 3)
Typical applications for the 84134010 solid state relay include; resistive heating, motor control and inductive applications with a power factor ≥0.5.
A heat sink and thermal compound are normally required to prevent a solid state relay from overheating during normal operation. The 84134010 is used in a wide range of HBControls power controllers, which are solid state relays pre-assembled onto custom designed, thermally efficient heat sinks. Solid state relay power controllers offer enhanced reliability, performance and are fully derated to their maximum load current rating in a 40°C ambient environment.
Please contact us at email@example.com / 800.879.7918 if you’d like to receive more information on Crydom’s GN Series solid state relays or discuss specific application requirements.