- 40 amp DIN mount solid state relay assembly
- Utilizes 1x Crydom HD4890 solid-state relay
- 4-32Vdc input
- Instantaneous (random) 48-530Vac / 40A output @ 40C
- Compact, thermally efficient heat sink to maximize overall product life expectancy
- Direct-bond copper (DBC) substrate for superior thermal performance
- Epoxy free design eliminates stress on internal components due to epoxy expansion and contraction
- Direct-power lead-frame design reduces solder joints and enhances reliability
- Touch-safe cover
- EMC compliant, level 3
- Agency approvals; UL, CSA, VDE/TUV, and CE
- Available Options: Overvoltage Protection (-M), Zero-Crossing Output (without the -10 suffix), Panel-Mount Heat Sink (-PM), Proportional Control (DC Input Versions), Current Transducer (-CT). Additional options are provided in the product datasheet.
HBC-90HDA-10 40 Amp / 48-530Vac, DC Input Solid State Relay Power Controller
HBC500 - Enter promo code on checkout to receive a 5% discount on orders ≥$500.
HBC1K - Enter promo code on checkout to receive a 10% discount on orders ≥$1,000.
Please submit a quote request form for volume pricing ≥50 pieces.
In Stock - product normally ships within 24 hours
Shipping: All website orders >$100 are eligible for free UPS Ground shipping within the United States
International Shipping: HBControls ships internationally to all non-sanctioned countries
Condition: New / Unused
Warranty: Additional information is available on the Policies page of our website
Product Datasheet: HBControls A Series Power Controllers
The HBControls HBC-90HDA-10 power controller is a ready-to-use Crydom HD4890-10 solid state relay pre-assembled onto a thermally efficient DIN mount “A” series heat sink. The HBC-90HDA-10 power controller assembly is fully derated to switch AC loads up-to 40 amps at line voltages between 48Vac and 530Vac in a 40°C ambient temperature. This eliminates the need to perform any thermal calculations or heat sink selection. Furthermore, since the HD4890-10 is already assembled onto a specific, custom-designed heat sink, mounting torque and the application of thermal compound are no longer concerns.
The HBC-90HDA-10 / HD4890-10 solid state relay can accept control (input) signals between 4Vdc and 32Vdc. When an input signal is applied, the instantaneous (random turn-on) output circuit conducts load current within 100uS.
The HD4890-10 utilizes rugged back-to-back (inverse parallel) SCRs to switch power to AC loads. This significantly reduces the total power dissipation of the HD4890-10 and enhances the relay’s ability to withstand heavy surge currents. This makes the HBC-90HDA-10 ideally suited for resistive heating and motor applications, or for switching power to other inductive loads with a power factor >0.5. The typical MTBF (mean time before failure) of the HBC-90HDA-10 / HD4890-10 is >7 million hours.
Features and benefits of the HD4890-10 & HBC-90HDA-10 solid state relay power controller include;
- Direct bond copper (DBC) substrate for superior thermal performance
- Epoxy-free design to eliminate stress caused by the expansion and contraction of epoxy during normal operation
- Direct power lead frame design to minimize solder joints in the load-current path
- SEMS screws and washers for improved pull-out ratings
- Redesigned solid state relay housing with anti-rotation barriers
- Shock & vibration resistant to IEC 600068-2-6 & IEC 600068-2-27
- Agency approvals; cURus, CSA, VDE and CE compliant
- EMC compliant (level 3)
Additional options available:
- Zero-cross output version to minimize inrush current in resistive applications (HBC-90HDA)
- Overvoltage protection (HBC-90HDA-10-M)
- LED status indicator (HBC-90HDA-10-Z)
- Panel mount (HBC-90HDA-10-PM)
- Two and three-pole versions for multiphase loads (-2 or -3 suffix)
Please see the datasheet for additional options, or feel free to contact our technical team at firstname.lastname@example.org / 800.879.7918.