- DIN Mount Solid State Power Controller
- Utilizes 1x Crydom A2425 solid-state relay
- AC input, zero-crossing 240Vac / 20A output @ 40C
- Compact, thermally efficient heat sink to maximize overall product life expectancy
- Direct-bond copper (DBC) substrate for superior thermal performance
- Epoxy free design eliminates stress on internal components due to epoxy expansion and contraction
- Direct-power lead-frame design reduces solder joints and enhances reliability
- Touch-safe cover
- EMC compliant, level 3
- Agency approvals; UL, CSA, VDE/TUV, and CE
- Available Options: Overvoltage Protection (-M), Instantaneous Turn-On (-10), Panel-Mount Heat Sink (-PM), Proportional Control (DC Input Versions), Current Transducer (-CT). Additional options are provided in the product datasheet.
HBC-25AA 20 Amp / 240Vac Solid State Relay Power Controller
In Stock - product normally ships within 24 hours. Please contact us at 800.879.7918 / firstname.lastname@example.org for order quantities ≥10 pieces to confirm availability and volume discount pricing.
International Shipping: HBControls ships internationally to all non-sanctioned countries. For orders outside of the United States, Mexico or Canada, please contact us at +1 800 879 7918 / email@example.com.
Lower pricing and quantity discounts may be available through our network of authorized distributors.
Please note that the base part number will change if suffix options are available and selected. The suffix information is provided in the Options pull-down menu description. The final SKU# will update during the checkout process.
Product Datasheet: HBControls A Series Power Controllers
The HBControls HBC-25AA power controller is a ready-to-use Crydom A2425 solid state relay pre-assembled onto a thermally efficient DIN mount “A” series heat sink. The HBC-25AA power controller assembly is fully derated to switch AC loads up-to 20 amps at line voltages between 24Vac and 280Vac in a 40°C ambient temperature. This eliminates the need to perform any thermal calculations or heat sink selection. Furthermore, since the A2425 is already assembled onto a specific, custom-designed heat sink, mounting torque and the application of thermal compound are no longer concerns.
The HBC-25AA / A2425 solid state relay can accept control (input) signals between 90Vac and 280Vac. When an input signal is applied, the zero-crossing output circuit only conducts load current when the AC mains passes through the zero-crossing point of the sine wave. This minimizes inrush currents and the level of conducted emissions coupled onto the AC mains by the solid state relay.
The A2425 utilizes rugged back-to-back (inverse parallel) SCRs to switch power to AC loads. This significantly reduces the total power dissipation of the A2425 in comparison to similar triac output solid state relays, in addition to enhancing the relay’s ability to withstand heavy surge currents. This makes the HBC-25AA ideally suited for resistive heating and motor applications, or for switching power to other inductive loads with a power factor >0.5. The typical MTBF (mean time before failure) of the HBC-25AA / A2425 is >7 million hours.
Features and benefits of the A2425 & HBC-25AA solid state relay power controller include;
- Direct bond copper (DBC) substrate for superior thermal performance
- Epoxy-free design to eliminate stress caused by the expansion and contraction of epoxy during normal operation
- Direct power lead frame design to minimize solder joints in the load-current path
- SEMS screws and washers for improved pull-out ratings
- Redesigned solid state relay housing with anti-rotation barriers
- Shock & vibration resistant to IEC 600068-2-6 & IEC 600068-2-27
- Agency approvals; cURus, CSA, VDE and CE compliant
- EMC compliant (level 3)
Additional options available:
- Random / instantaneous turn-on version for phase-control or highly inductive applications (HBC-25AA-10)
- Overvoltage protection (HBC-25AA-M)
- LED status indicator (HBC-25AA-Z)
- Panel mount (HBC-25AA-PM)
- Two and three-pole versions for multiphase loads (-2 or -3 suffix)
Please see the datasheet for additional options, or feel free to contact our technical team at firstname.lastname@example.org / 800.879.7918.