- Crydom panel mount solid-state relay
- 4-32Vdc input
- Zero-crossing 48-660Vac / 125A output
- Direct-bond copper (DBC) substrate for superior thermal performance
- Direct-power lead-frame design reduces solder joints and enhances reliability
- IP20 touch-safe housing
- EMC compliant, level 3
- Agency approvals; cURus Recognized, CSA, VDE/TUV, CE
Crydom CWD48125 125 Amp / 48-660Vac, DC Input Solid State Relay
HBC500 - Enter promo code on checkout to receive a 5% discount on orders ≥$500.
HBC1K - Enter promo code on checkout to receive a 10% discount on orders ≥$1,000.
Please submit a quote request form for volume pricing ≥50 pieces.
Shipping: All website orders >$100 are eligible for free ground shipping within the United States
In Stock: In stock. Product normally ships within 24 hours.
Condition: New / Unused
Warranty: Additional information is available on the Policies page of our website
The Crydom CWD48125 is a panel mount, IP20 touch-safe solid state relay capable of switching 125 amps at line voltages between 48Vac and 660Vac. Designed for endurance and reliability in harsh industrial applications, the CWD48125 utilizes rugged back-to-back (inverse parallel) SCRs to switch power to AC loads. This significantly enhances the relay’s ability to withstand heavy surge currents and increases overall reliability and life expectancy. The typical MTBF (mean time before failure) of a Crydom CWD48125 is >7 million hours.
The CWD48125 is a DC input solid state relay and can accept control signals between 4Vdc and 32Vdc. It incorporates an active current-limiting circuit, which enables it to switch 125 amps with only 15mA of input current. This makes them highly compatible in applications utilizing low-power PLCs or control boards. The CWD48125 also includes an input LED for easy visual identification of the relay's status.
The Crydom CWD48125 uses zero-crossing optical isolators to trigger the output SCRs. When an input signal is initially applied, the output of the solid state relay will not conduct load current until the AC mains passes through the zero-crossing point of the sine wave. This greatly reduces inrush currents and minimizes the level of conducted emissions coupled onto the AC mains by the solid state relay.
The CWD48125 includes an integrated IP20 touch-safe cover.
Additional features and benefits of the Crydom CWD48125 solid state relay include:
- Direct bond copper (DBC) substrate for superior thermal performance
- Epoxy-free design to eliminate stress caused by the expansion and contraction of epoxy during normal operation
- Direct power lead frame design to minimize solder joints in the load-current path
- SEMS screws and washers for improved pull-out ratings
- Redesigned solid state relay housing with anti-rotation barriers
- Shock & vibration resistant to IEC 600068-2-6 & IEC 600068-2-27
- Agency approvals; cURus, CSA, VDE and CE compliant
- EMC compliant (level 3)
Typical applications for the CWD48125 solid state relay include; resistive heating, motor control and inductive applications with a power factor ≥0.5.
A heat sink and thermal compound are normally required to prevent a solid state relay from overheating during normal operation. The CWD48125 is used in a wide range of HBControls power controllers, which are solid state relays pre-assembled onto custom designed, thermally efficient heat sinks. Solid state relay power controllers offer enhanced reliability, performance and are fully derated to their maximum load current rating in a 40°C ambient environment.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / 800.879.7918 if you’d like to receive more information on Crydom’s CW Series solid state relays or discuss specific application requirements.