- Crydom panel mount solid-state relay
- 4-32Vdc input
- Zero-crossing 48-660Vac / 50A output
- Direct-bond copper (DBC) substrate for superior thermal performance
- Direct-power lead-frame design reduces solder joints and enhances reliability
- EMC compliant, level 3
- Agency approvals; cURus Recognized, CSA, VDE/TUV, CE
Crydom HD6050 48-660Vac / 50 Amp, DC Input Solid State Relay
In Stock: Product normally ships within 24 hours.
Shipping: All website orders are eligible for free UPS Ground shipping within the United States
HBC500 - Enter promo code on checkout to receive a 5% discount on orders ≥$500.
HBC1K - Enter promo code on checkout to receive a 10% discount on orders ≥$1,000.
Please submit a quote request form for volume pricing ≥50 pieces.
Condition: New / Unused
Warranty: Additional information is available on the Policies page of our website
The Crydom HD6050 is an industry standard, panel mount “hockey puck” solid state relay capable of switching 50 amp loads at line voltages between 48Vac and 660Vac. Designed for endurance and reliability in harsh industrial applications, the HD6050 utilizes rugged back-to-back (inverse parallel) SCRs to switch power to AC loads. This significantly reduces the total power dissipation of the HD6050 in comparison to similar triac output solid state relays, in addition to enhancing the relay’s ability to withstand heavy surge currents. The typical MTBF (mean time before failure) of a Crydom HD6050 is >7 million hours.
The input of the HD6050 can accept control signals between 4Vdc and 32Vdc and incorporates an active current-limiting circuit. This enables the HD6050 to switch 50 amp loads with only 12mA of input current, making them ideal for applications utilizing low-power PLCs or control boards.
The HD6050 uses zero-crossing optical isolators to trigger the output SCRs. When an input signal is applied, the output of the solid state relay will not conduct load current until the AC mains passes through the zero-crossing point of the sine wave. This greatly reduces inrush currents and minimizes the level of conducted emissions coupled onto the AC mains by the solid state relay.
Additional features and benefits of the HD6050 solid state relay include:
- Direct bond copper (DBC) substrate for superior thermal performance
- Epoxy-free design to eliminate stress caused by the expansion and contraction of epoxy during normal operation
- Direct power lead frame design to minimize solder joints in the load-current path
- SEMS screws and washers for improved pull-out ratings
- Redesigned solid state relay housing with anti-rotation barriers
- Shock & vibration resistant to IEC 600068-2-6 & IEC 600068-2-27
- Agency approvals; cURus, CSA, VDE and CE compliant
- EMC compliant (level 3)
Typical applications for the HD6050 solid state relay include; resistive heating, motor control and inductive applications with a power factor ≥0.5.
A heat sink and thermal compound are normally required to prevent a solid state relay from overheating during normal operation. The HD6050 is used in a wide range of HBControls power controllers, which are solid state relays pre-assembled onto custom designed, thermally efficient heat sinks. Solid state relay power controllers offer enhanced reliability, performance and are fully derated to their maximum load current rating in a 40°C ambient environment.
Please contact us at email@example.com / 800.879.7918 if you’d like to receive more information on Crydom’s HD series solid state relays or discuss specific application requirements.