- Crydom Panel mount solid-state relay
- DC input, zero-crossing 600Vac / 125A output @ 40C
- Direct-bond copper (DBC) substrate for superior thermal performance
- Direct-power lead-frame design reduces solder joints and enhances reliability
- EMC compliant, level 3
- Agency approvals; cURus Recognized, CSA, VDE/TUV, CE
Crydom HD60125 Solid State Relay
The Crydom HD60125 is an industry standard, panel mount “hockey puck” solid state relay capable of switching 125 amp loads at line voltages between 48Vac and 660Vac. Designed for endurance and reliability in harsh industrial applications, the HD60125 utilizes rugged back-to-back (inverse parallel) SCRs to switch power to AC loads. This significantly enhances the relay’s ability to withstand heavy surge currents. The typical MTBF (mean time before failure) of a Crydom HD60125 is >7 million hours.
The input of the HD60125 can accept control signals between 4Vdc and 32Vdc and incorporates an active current-limiting circuit. This enables the HD60125 to switch 125 amp loads with only 12mA of input current, making them ideal for applications utilizing low-power PLCs or control boards.
The HD60125 uses zero-crossing optical isolators to trigger the output SCRs. When an input signal is applied, the output of the solid state relay will not conduct load current until the AC mains passes through the zero-crossing point of the sine wave. This greatly reduces inrush currents and minimizes the level of conducted emissions coupled onto the AC mains by the solid state relay.
Additional features and benefits of the HD60125 solid state relay include:
- Direct bond copper (DBC) substrate for superior thermal performance
- Epoxy-free design to eliminate stress caused by the expansion and contraction of epoxy during normal operation
- Direct power lead frame design to minimize solder joints in the load-current path
- SEMS screws and washers for improved pull-out ratings
- Redesigned solid state relay housing with anti-rotation barriers
- Shock & vibration resistant to IEC 600068-2-6 & IEC 600068-2-27
- Agency approvals; cURus, CSA, VDE and CE compliant
- EMC compliant (level 3)
Typical applications for the HD60125 solid state relay include; resistive heating, motor control and inductive applications with a power factor ≥0.5.
A heat sink and thermal compound are normally required to prevent a solid state relay from overheating during normal operation. The HD60125 is used in a wide range of HBControls power controllers, which are solid state relays pre-assembled onto custom designed, thermally efficient heat sinks. Solid state relay power controllers offer enhanced reliability, performance and are fully derated to their maximum load current rating in a 40°C ambient environment.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org / 800.879.7918 if you’d like to receive more information on Crydom’s HD series solid state relays or discuss specific application requirements.